Montag, 17. August 2015

this is Bosnia, and I am her Queen

"My people, the good Bosnians, carry my name on their lips carefully and with great respect. I try to be strong and to accept the challenges God has given me with courage but beneath the Golden Lily, beneath these robes, is but a woman.
 
A woman born to Blagaj and raised to Jajce, but still only a woman. I can not carry on my battle against the Mohammedons for eternity and already my thoughts turn, like a coward's thoughts, to blissful surrender. The frontier has been lost, the great city of Salines has been lost...
 
My people, the good Bosnians, wander the countryside aimlessly and my messengers return daily with stories of their enthusiastic surrender. The Golden Lily is lost.
 
I hereby denounce my heretical ways and accept the teachings of Rome, teachings while shall be written in blood on the hillsides of Bosnia... This is Bosnia, and I am her Queen."

Queen Katarina Kosaca-Kotromanic
1424-1478

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen